This post only kept here for archival reasons. For the newest build of Cart Life, please visit the main forum
and look for the newest release announcement. Cheers!Please note:
If you're not sure which version you have, look for the "v1.4"
in the bottom right of the title screen which indicates the newest build. Unfortunately, upon downloading a new version, your old saves will no longer work and each character will return to their default state of newness. Extra giganto thanks to everybody who contributed bug reports.The freeware version is here.Everything / Delux-o Edition customers:
Please either use your given username / password or send me a note for new credentials. Or, I guess, you could just buy it again
.• Fixed: Mel sometimes waking up on day 1 to Laura talking about spiders. Ugh.
• Fixed: The "Eat Leftovers?" Crash.
• Fixed: Missing "Laura's first day home" conversation.
• Fixed: Andrus: "Too tired" during sale freeze.
• Fixed: That severely annoying Start Sale Crash ("Line 1024").
• Fixed: Bug that deducted funds when entering a numeric password attempt.
• Fixed: Newspaper stack showing up at old stand location.Still problematic:
While playing as Andrus, the Breezy's office closes at night, so if the player takes too long
in the tutorial (6+ Cart Life hours), they won't be able to rent a room on the first night. I'm still deciding on how to handle this special case without violating the office hours the motel always keeps. Hmmm.... Suggestions?
Fixes from the previous updates:
• Fixed timespeed error caused by sleeping in after bad dreams. (This is my favorite sentence in English.)
• Fixed the "fridge error" which arose after walking Laura home from school.
• Fixed several hot dog problems, but really would still suggest avoiding them (that goes for real life hot dogs, too).
• Fixed numerous technical problems which arose after Andrus' eviction. Many non-technical problems remain and are deliberate.
• Fixed darshannon's poetically worded "drag me to hell" bug. This still might happen in Florin's Gate Park
? Confirmations or denials are welcome
• Fixed some things related to running out of buttermilk.
• Fixed numerous typos and lots of other, small things which I'm forgetting.
• Fixed error when starting the program without ags_shell.dll.
• Fixed crash related to Globalscript 5269 (George's first visit).
• Fixed strangeness related to Melanie's return home after failing to pick up Laura on Monday.
• Fixed bug which prevented the Calamity Annie comic from being read by those who buy it.